Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thanksgiving, Christmas and Holiday Stress and Depression

The holidays are major stress and depression time, at least for me. They were never happy times for me as a kid and I have very few good memories of Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years.

Well, it's that time of year again and it's tough for people who get stressed out easily or suffer from depression. I imagine it's a lot tougher this year for a lot of people than it is most years. What with the worldwide depression. It just makes it that much tougher on everyone.

Lol, most people call me a Grinch but it's not quite that bad, I tolerate a lot of things this time of year that I wouldn't for the rest of the year. However I firmly believe you can have to damn much good cheer now and then. ;) Actually I seldom say much to anyone about it as I'm usually to depressed to care. I tell them to just leave me alone and I'll be fine in January.

Oh, and if you know someone who's like I am and depressed during the holidays, don't try to put guilt on them to be doing what you think they should be doing. It won't help and will, in fact, make the problem worse. Just what ya need when you're depressed. More guilt. It's a lot like hauling coal to NewCastle.

Happiness is not as near as infectious as most people think it is. When you're right on the edge of major depression, happiness is irritating as hell. Heh, we might as well put an end to the political correctness right now, too. Ho, Ho, Ho, hell!

Now what's up with that? Sheesh, no, I'm not that naive. It's been the punch line to a bad joke since I was a kid. Don't care a bit either. It's part of the holidays. Sheesh, I'd rather be depressed than one of those "stick up the butt" politically correct people. I got but one thing to say to them. Christmas is coming some have a Merry Christmas.

Politically correct people are only a notch above book burners and sodomites, in my opinion. Heh, I was going to say PETA instead of sodomites but those people are even worse than politically correct people. PC's are insidious, uptight, full of guilt and steadfastly puritan until they get caught. Jeez, I'd rather be around happy people.

See, now that's depressing. Oh well, most everyone I had to buy presents for is dead so that chore is pretty much gone. Besides, I've always said "Christmas is a time when people spend money they don't have, to buy things they don't want to give to people they don't even really like."

Actually the holidays were just drunken fighting with people who seldom came around except during the holidays. As a kid I always wondered why the hell they didn't stay home and get drunk instead of coming to my house to do it and fighting with my parents.

I can just hear someone now. Oh, come on, it's Christmas. To them I can only say, Bah Humbug, bite me. Wake me up around January 5th or so.

No comments: