Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Bizarre sense of humor

My bizarre sense of humor has gotten me into more trouble. It seems to be very normal for me but others don't always understand how I can see a situation as humorous.

My live in girlfriend decided, since she got a bit miffed at me this morning, that she'd stay in town after work without letting me know. We're both highly independent people used to doing whatever we wanted to do so it makes life a bit interesting now and then.

By the time she got home I was major league irritated about her not calling. Now you have to remember I didn't really know what she was so pissed about. It's not the first time I haven't known what she's pissed about. She's a woman and that makes her a nit of a enigma.

When she finally got home she was all lovey dovey like I wasn't smart enough to know she'd done it on purpose so I asked why she was so late. Her response was "I'm old enough, I can do what I want!" and at the same time she noticed I was dressed and ready to go out. Before I could say a word she Demanded to know where the hell I was going? This just caused me to crack up. I couldn't stop laughing and she was getting madder.

The fact that she was getting even angrier made it that much harder to stop laughing and explain it to her. Eventually I managed to giggle out that it worked both ways. So she dropped that. We weren't done yet tho.

She jumped me, after sex, the other night about never calling her another woman's name. I said I wouldn't and if I had I apologized and she told me "Don't go there!" so being old and semi smart I shut up.

I started searching my memory and could find no place I'd mentioned anyone else's name. I even tried imagining the scene again and trying a couple of different names. Nope, no recollection of having called her anything but her name.

So, for the third time I'm in trouble for something I don't know I've done, and, to the best of my knowledge, haven't done it. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, just means I have no memory of it happening.

I even 100% agreed with her position and apologized. Doesn't matter if I remember it, there's no other defense for it than bad memory and no one is going to believe that. She thinks I did so I apologized. No matter what, I lose the argument. ;)

So then she tells me the name. Oh, no, not again. I bust out laughing because I've never heard the name before in my life. Must have been my relief at not recognizing the name that caused it but I found it hilarious that I didn't know anyone with the name I supposedly called her.

Evidently Alzheimer's has set in but my mind still works quick. That is not a good thing.

No comments: