Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas has come and gone. Good, it's depressing.

Depressing is what I call the holidays from Thanksgiving thru New Years day. It's never been a happy time of the year for me. It was one of the worst times of the year when I was a kid.

Drunks all over the place, drunks fighting and arguing all the time, drunks beating me and molesting me. Nothing but crowds of drunks being stupid. To bad they never had a trophy for the stupidest.

Then again I never got many presents either. Two I could rely on were from both of my grandmothers. Anything from my parents was iffy at best. However you should have seen the big bunch of stuff under the tree for my sister.

I'd get a few things, mostly cheap things and she would get a ton of stuff. From the time I was 4 there was no doubt in my mind who was the favorite, who was wanted and who wasn't. Lol, don't know if I told you before but not only did she always get more and better stuff than I did, she also NEVER got hit or beat.

As I got older I still never liked Christmas or the other holidays in the winter. To many bad memories of what happened to me when I was little. Once again they interfered with this Christmas.

Of course it wasn't just the memories that caused the problems. The fact that others are still greedy, uncaring and it's a commercial and greedy time of the year doesn't help. This hasn't been the worst Christmas I ever spent but it's not in the top twenty either.

Lol, lets see now. Number of gifts in 2003 none. 2004 one, 2005 3, 2006 one, 2007 none. In 2004 my landlady gave me a gift certificate for a free oil change. Lol, gave me one in 2005 too. For once, in 2005 I had a girlfriend and she gave me two. 2006 the cousin I was sharing a house with gave me a homemade pipe. In 2007 I have/had a GF but she decided it was more important for her to have gin and beer than it was to buy me a gift.

Doubtful the current GF will last long.

Doubt I'll have a GF next year.

Doubt I'll have another live in GF when this one is done.

Hookers are both monetarily and emotionally cheaper. ;) Ho, ho, ho

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.