Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Death

Death sucks. Getting old sucks. Being physically unable to do the things you used to do sucks.

I'm in kind of a contemplative mood today. My aunt died Saturday. My favorite aunt. My favorite cousins mother.

She's been in the nursing home for years now. Had Alzheimer's, blind and unable to take care of herself. I haven't seen her since she went into the nursing home, even tho she is one of my better memories of the past.

She, and her husband, tried to help me and were always good to me. Great people. To bad I didn't appreciate it at the time. She's been in a few previous posts but I haven't gotten to the part of my life yet where they tried so hard to help me.

I'm going to miss her. I suppose I should have gone and seen her but as I said, I don't want to remember her that way.

Then my friend in Hope, AR went into the hospital this morning to have her new baby. That's the cycle of life. One dies and one is born and life goes on. I'm sad for my cousin and at the same time very happy for T and her husband and daughter.

Seems weird to call one florist 1000 miles away and order flowers for a funeral and the next call is to a place 100 miles away and send flowers for a birth. Life is weird some days.

No comments: