Saturday, September 15, 2007

Busted and stressed out but life goes on

The bus depot is now truly done. We never got another penny from there. Lol, at least the last thing we did get was a good adrenaline rush.

That leaves the paper office and my first real encounter with the law. Come on, you knew I had to get caught sooner or later. Hell, I'd been stealing and shoplifting since I was 4 or 5. It catches up with you sooner or later.

The last time I hit the paper office for money I did the usual and waited for my opportunity. When it came I took it. Small problem tho. The money bag only had 5 20 dollar bills and a couple of ones and some change.

Yep, I took all of the twenty dollar bills. 100 bucks. I wasn't going to take it all but I'd heard a noise outside and had to hurry up and get the bag back in the drawer so I ended up with the big bills.

Now I didn't know that my friend from the bus depot was going to hit it the same day. He almost got caught and the only thing for him to do was steal the whole bag. That wouldn't have been so bad but the dumb ass threw it away in a gas station on his paper route.

Naturally they noticed the bank bag and called the police. Considering it had the paper office name on it that made it fairly easy to trace to who might have done it. Dumb ass should have buried it, cut it up and tossed it in different places or burned it. But he didn't.

So he got busted for it. Lol, I didn't know that any of this had happened until the cops came to school one day and asked to talk to me. Heh, I knew it was going to be a problem right away, I just didn't know what the problem was going to be.

They took me to the police station and questioned me and I found out what it was about. I found out my friend had ratted me out to save his own ass. Being smarter than my friend I wasn't about to let that happen.

Eventually the cops called my mother to the police station. I didn't have time for her crap, I had to figure out a way to minimize my part and keep anything serious from happening to me.

I did too. I told the cops it had been my friend who showed me how to steal from the paper office, I told them I'd only taken $3.50 that I needed to pay my paper bill. I told them there had been over 100 dollars in the bag when I'd put it back. I also told them it had been my first time.

Funny but they believed all of it. My ex friend who'd ratted me out had been caught with the bag or at least caught dumping he bag so they figured he was lying about how much he got and was trying to blame it all on me. I didn't get stressed out or scared but kept my head and put all the blame on my ex friend.

Lol, my good reputation with adults saved my ass. My good grades at school saved my ass. My working hard at odd jobs saved my ass.

Meanwhile, my ex friend had bad grades and a bad reputation so they didn't believe a word he said. I ended up paying back $3.50 and he ended up paying back over a thousand. Reality is nothing happened to me legally except for getting my fingers slapped lightly by the law.

I got several severe beatings at home over it, I got grounded for life. Lol, like that meant anything to me. The beatings were normal and would have happened anyway, this time they just happened for a different reason. For alcoholics who are gone a minimum of 4 nights per week, grounding me was the least of my worries. It just didn't matter.

Besides, a month or so after I got caught we were going to move anyway so it didn't really affect my life in any way except for learning one lesson. Never, ever have a partner who can't keep his mouth shut. He did make a convenient fall guy tho.

Bottom line is my career in lying, cheating and stealing continued. Just as did the physical, sexual and mental abuse. IOW nothing freaking changed at all. It will change but not for another couple of years.

No comments: