Monday, August 13, 2007

More lying, cheating and stealing in MN

One day at the bus depot. I was playing he pinball machine and had a friend along. We were just hanging out. I trusted him a little as we'd done a few things together.

The boss was hanging around and going in and out of the office. Leaving the door open because he was going back and forth a lot. So I watched his movements while we played pinball.

A couple of days later I talked my friend into going back again. Same thing happened, the door was open but the boss was coming and going. No real way to get into the office without help. Someone had to keep watch, that's all there was to it.

I knew who the someone who kept watch was going to be. Lol, it wasn't going to be my friend. Of course he didn't know any of this yet as he didn't know about the money. When I told him he was going to be the one to go in.

Lol, better he get busted in the office than me. He was also going to get blamed for all of he earlier money that was missing. However that would only happen if he got caught. Besides, I was confident of my ability to lie my way out of most of it. He couldn't.

The next time we went to the depot to play pinball I told him about the money and the office being locked. I told him exactly where the money was and how to get it. I also told him I was going to keep watch.

He couldn't work up the nerve to go in the first day. The boss just wasn't staying gone long enough. We had decided on one pack of 10's and he knew exactly where they were but it just didn't happen.

He was pretty excited about getting his hands on the money so we went back almost everyday. Finally one day we got the opportunity we were waiting for. The boss had gone up front and I heard one of the waitresses telling him there was a problem with the cash register.

I hurriedly waved my friend in and told him I'd bounce the machine if anyone was coming. He got in and was back in about 30 seconds. I didn't think there was any problem. He was so full of adrenaline he was practically bouncing off the walls.

He wanted to tell me all about it while we were there and I told him to shut up and play the game. The boss came back, went into his office and then came out again about 10 minutes later. While he was coming out of the office we left.

Better to let him see us leave 15 minutes after we'd been in than disappear while he was upfront again. So when we got away and alone my friend told me the damn file cabinet the money was in had been locked. Damn

No comments: