Monday, August 6, 2007

I wonder if I'll still be doing this in another 100 posts

I guess the answer to that question lies about 99 more posts in the future. Oh well, back to the big mess. My life.

So life was about as good as it got back then. I was lying, cheating and stealing with impunity. I still delivered papers but I was also mowing some of my paper customers yards and they would recommend me to other people so I had plenty to do in the summer and in the winter I shoveled sidewalks and driveways.

Lol, I also sold handmade and hand painted figurines, knick knacks, paper weights and bird statues. Plus handmade pot holders. I was even smart enough as a kid to make a ton of Christmas stable scenes ahead of time and then to start selling them right after Thanksgiving. I also did Thanksgiving junk too but not in as big a way.

I was an entrepreneur of the highest caliber, for a kid. I made more than enough money legitimately that I really didn't have to steal any. Life wouldn't have been near as thrilling as it was without it. However I did know the value of keeping how much money I had and how I got it, hidden.

I did a lot of things just for the thrills it would provide. Nothing that ever hurt anyone. Just things that were dangerous for me or, in retrospect, stupid. Hey, no one ever said doing dangerous crap was smart.

Kids today irritate me and by kids I mean those from 7 to 35 or so. They can't seem to listen to the voice of wisdom any better than I did. Lol, their biggest problem is they still have illusions of how life should be.

Worse yet they don't even begin to understand that they are illusions. Yes, I mean illusions and not delusions. Look them both up and you'll see the difference.

Once upon a long long time in the future someone said, the very young do not always do as they are told.

To true.

To bad.

To sad.

No comments: