Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My life continues in Fairmont-no bettter no worse

The friend who moved had told me how to steal from the paper office. Just remembered but it was the MPLS paper I was delivering.

Lol, I also just remembered why I almost always had a paper route wherever I lived. It was a legitimate way for me to have money and it also allowed me to checkout everything on my route. Who had things I might want, who smoked and left their cars doors unlocked, information about others from the gossips.

All of these things were valuable things to know. The paper routes also allowed me to be in areas and still cause no suspicion. MOF it lessened suspicion because it showed I was a hard working kid. The fact that I had straight A's in school also lessened suspicion.


Hmmm, with this being my 96th post I wonder if anyone has figured out yet that if I had been challenged at school and had anyone who cared about me I probably wouldn't have been doing all the stealing and scamming I was doing.

Boredom, not giving a damn about anything and the need for adrenaline lead me to watch everything and figure out how to do things. Basically things involved with stealing or getting away with something or getting information.

Oh well, if I'd been challenged I'd probably have become a lawyer, shrink or be involved with marketing. Just what the world needs, more good listeners and more good liars and truth twisters and manipulators. Doesn't matter, whatever I became I would have made a fortune at it.

Why am I so sure I would have made a fortune. Because I still would have tended to operate in gray area's and if I know one thing it's that a ton of money can be made in gray area's. I also know that you can break the 'spirit' of the rules with impunity by doing things in gray area's.

In the future some companies will create new rules because of my exploitation of those parts of the rules. Whenever I worked anywhere I always made sure I read the rules and the company handbook. It's always a good idea to know the rules and even a better idea to know the exceptions to the rules.

Believe me, there are always exceptions to every rule. Most of the time it's a matter of knowledge, rules that conflict with other rules, money or power. Point is there are always exceptions, it's up to you to find them. It's also nice if you can find a conflict between state and federal laws and company rules.

Lol, this is far in the future but one of my wives used to tell me I was a lot like the character on the old TV show "The Pretender". Heh, the first time one of them saw the Movie 'Swordfish' with Travolta and Halle she thought that I was like Travolta's char because she saw me as being very pragmatic and given to playing with people perceptions. Because no one ever really knew me or what I was thinking or going to do and I always had 2 or 3 backup plans.

Altho neither perceptions was 100% correct the one was impressed because when I wanted to I could talk with most anyone about most anything. That I knew a little bit about everything. The second thought what she thought because I lived by and kept my own rules, even if it caused me pain.

Getting far off the track again. Heh, maybe I need a blog called 'Brain Dump', ;) Anyway I tested what my friend had told me. It took quite some time but eventually I figured out that the guy in charge had a schedule.

If I was the very first one to get there after school I would have between 2 and 4 minutes before the next person got there and about 5 before the manager got back. Enough time to do what it was I needed to do but it took me a couple of weeks to get it done the first time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's fairly obvious from your writing that you're a pretty smart guy. If some of the adults in your early life had given you only a little bit of support, God only knows where you would have gone with it.

As it is, I'm grateful you decided to grow yourself a conscience and a moral code, because with your brain you'd be a hell of a dangerous sociopath.