Thursday, June 28, 2007

Now I understand I did some things for the adrenaline rush

When I was a kid I didn't understand about the adrenaline rush I got from some of the stupid things I did. When I would shoplift something it wasn't always something I needed. Most of the time it was but not always.

Lol, one year I made it a goal to shoplift all of my xmas presents for my mother, sister and stepfather. I paid for my grandmothers gift. I shoplifted mostly to see if I could get away with it and for the rush I got out of it.

Money was for things you couldn't steal easily or shoplift. Pinball machines, pizza and bowling for the most part. Pool when I could find a place to let me play. Made money on everything but pizza.

For the most part I'd have rather stolen money tho. Shoplifting was a way to save money on things I wanted but it got to be to easy and the adrenalin rush got to be less and less.

Funny, I never thought about taking the stuff I stole back to the store to get my money back. Not even once. Nor did I bother to steal clothes as it was just to easy. In Fairmont I was pretty much a one kid crime wave.

Used to drive the cop, Joe Sutton, crazy. He knew I was stealing everything I could get my hands on but he could never catch me. Heh, I never even worried about him. I was a little kid, what was he going to do, throw me in jail. I'd have been glad of that as it would have been better than home.

Lol, you may think not but having been there more than a few times I now know for a fact it would have been better than home. I hung around in kind of disreputable places even as a kid. Bowling alleys, bus depots, bars and almost always with bigger and older kids.

I'm still way more comfortable in a bar than I am anywhere else. I seldom go to them anymore but I'm still very comfortable when I do.

Anyway, I finally found a couple of places I could steal money from on a regular basis and not get caught. Stole way more than I could spend so I buried a lot of it. 50 years later I imagine most of it is still buried or rotted away. Probably rotted away as paper money tends to rot quickly.

I got a huge adrenaline rush from it.

No comments: