Monday, June 18, 2007

More of life in MN, girls and getting wilder

Basically other people see my life as exciting and I suppose it was but to me it was just normal. When you don't know anything else but drunken parents, beatings, being molested, lying, cheating, stealing and the rest you don;t know the risks you take or anything else.

Nor do you really care. I was still getting great grades in school. I still read all the time and I still fished as much as possible. I was still responsible for my sister quite often and I now cooked for the whole family instead of just my sister and I.

Nothing major and quite boring to me. Lol, just like now except I'm older so the periods of boredom got longer and the adrenaline rushes got harder to come by.

I did finally start to develop an interest in girls while living in Fairmont but it wasn't anything major, yet. Lots of crushes, sneaking peeks in blouses and upskirts, etc. No real dating but I did start hanging out at the teen center and going to kids dances, etc.

I had money all of the time and would spend a lot of it at the pizza place with me and my friends. Little did they know that the vast majority of it was stolen from one place or another. Girls liked me but I still mostly ignored them and hung by myself or with other boys.

I hated going to other peoples birthday parties and I never had one, as a kid. Why would I? My mother never gave a damn if I lived or died so having anything for me was out of the question. Naturally my sister had one every year and got to invite all of her friends.

Christmas and Thanksgiving always sucked. Parents were always drunk and if aunts and uncles came they were always drunk too. My sister would get tons of stuff and I'd get about a third as much as she did. I hate holidays to this day. The 14 yrs I tried to be normal I always volunteered to work on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.

Lol, told my wife I had to work as all the people I worked with had kids. That meant we'd have our celebrations on other days. I still hate those holidays.

Did you notice there was no fathers day post? At best I was neutral about both my father and stepfather. Neither did me major harm, unless you consider the beatings and mental abuse on occasion but that wasn't enough to make me despise them like I did my mother. As I said, I knew nothing else so it was normal.

No comments: