Friday, April 4, 2008

Child abuse stories

Lots of people have child abuse stories and if they are around my age they tolerated it until they either ran away or put a stop to it themselves. They also have a lot of stories of child abuse, just as I have. I told you how I stopped my mother from abusing me and this story will be about how I stopped my stepfather.

I suppose you could call this child abuse vs. discipline but there was no discipline involved. Just anger and child abuse. The emotional child abuse I received from both my mother and stepfather has stuck with me far longer than the physical abuse I received.

While I still have a few scars from my abusive childhood what it affected most was my mind. Beat me, kick me, burn me, lock me away, etc. the physical effects are gone but the mental ones will be with me until I die. As it is with most children.

My alcoholic aunt and uncle were visiting and that always meant trouble so I tried to stay out of their way and out of the house. Because I was relegated to the basement I could get in and out most of the time without being seen. Not this time tho.

I could hear them yelling at each other upstairs and my sister was crying. By then I as 16 so we are skipping ahead a little here but not to far. Anyway when I got upstairs my uncle and my mother were fighting. It was loud enough that I kept expecting the cops to come. Lol, they didn't.

My stepfather was so drunk he was trying to open a bottle of beer with a BBQ tongs. My uncle was yelling so I told him to be quiet. He stood up to grab me and I pushed him away. Then his wife started yelling at me that he only had one lung and I need to be gentle with him. Told her if she didn't want him hurt she better get him sat down and shut up.

She started yelling at me for being disrespectful and I told her to pack their shit and get out and never come back. My uncle took exception and started to get up again and I pushed him back in his chair and told him get out or I was going to kick the shit out of him.

He said something so I pooped him in the mouth and told him again to GET OUT. They decided to leave. Then a fist come flying by my face so I turned to see what was happening now. My stepfather had taken a swing at me and missed. I swung back and didn't miss. He went down and I jumped on him.

I had a ton of rage and now I was going to get it out. I'd taken his fists and feet for 6 years and that was about to be done with too. I didn't care what happened to me and I was going to end it and end it now. I hit him again while he was down and then grabbed his throat and his hair and started choking him and banging his head on the floor.

Meanwhile mu aunt and uncle are screaming at me and my mother grabbed the broom and started beating me with the handle. It had absolutely no affect on me at all. Had I not seen it going up and down I never would have noticed. When my stepfather stopped moving I stood up and grabbed the broom from her and broke it in half.

The other three were still yelling at me and then my stepfather grabbed my leg so I kicked him in the ribs as hard as I could and he let go and stayed down. Then I told all four of them I was leaving and I'd be back in a few hours and that my aunt and uncle had better be gone or I was going to put them out.

As I was taking a step to leave my stepfather grabbed me again so I hit him in the nose as hard as I could and then proceeded to leave. I went down town and spent a little time with the people I hung out with and then went back home. My aunt and uncle were gone, which was a good thing and my parents were in bed.

My sister was still up and she was crying so I just left her alone, grabbed a bowl of cereal and went back down to my basement room.

As child abuse stories go this was not an unexpected ending, at least in my life. I had gotten big enough and brave enough to protect myself. Lol, 16 yrs old and 130 pounds. It wasn't my size nor my age that got me through all of it, it was the rage.

So now I have stopped all of the physical abuse but the mental and emotional abuse continued for another 2o years. I finally put an end to all of that too but it took some time.

No comments: