Monday, October 15, 2007

Stressed and Depressed in LeMars, Iowa

When we first moved to LeMars I didn't like it and was stressed out and depressed about it. Of course I missed Cherie but that's not all of it. It was a small town but it had a lot of people in it who were to become big business men later in life.

I went to school with the kids who's parents owned Well Blue Bunny dairy and ice cream, Schuster Trucking, Harms trucking and a few others. Mrs. Harker from Harkers meats was my Algebra teacher.

We lived downtown in an apt over some building. If I remember right there were 3 apts up there. The guy and his wife who owned the bowling alley were living in one of them.

There really wasn't much to do there either. I didn't know anyone and it was kind of boring for a long time. Small town cliquish. Gradually I met a few people, got in the usual new kid in town fights and slowly was accepted as someone not to mess with to much.

No more real paper routes tho. I'd had enough of that. No real job either but my parents were still drunks so I stole what I needed from them. Same old stuff.

I got back into shoplifting pretty big there and as I didn't need much, once again most of it was for the thrill of it and not because I needed it.

I also got even better at pinball machines and made a bit selling my free games to other kids in the bowling alley. It wasn't a bad place or a good place for me, it was just another place.

We moved 3 times in the 4-5 years I spent there. I had a lot of fun there and I got into some trouble there. I also got a lot more sex while I lived there.

Didn't take me more than 6 months to get a bad reputation with most parents and to get busted with a scheme I created. Lol, that did lead to a job I liked tho.

However that's for another day. I finally get my freedom and my parents finally leave me alone. To me that was one of the bigger things that happened. Lots of stress for a few years and then not much stress at all, after that.

However that doesn't mean I wasn't still getting beaten, abused and molested. I probably should tell you right now but all of that is going to come to and end while I lived in LeMars. Even after I got it all stopped I was still depressed most of the time and still an adrenaline junky.

No comments: