Saturday, September 22, 2007

Still bored in Denison

My cousins mother, who I always wished was my mother, showed up at our apt with her boyfriend. Didn't make me very happy because I liked her husband much better. It also changed all of our sleeping arrangements so that didn't make me happy either.

They and my parents also spent a lot of time drinking so I was also in more trouble than usual. I was also quite angry that my aunt was screwing over her husband with a boyfriend so I was more than a little crappy in the way I treated them.

I didn't have as much freedom in Denison as I had other towns because the bar my parents drank in was right down stairs from our apt. Plenty of freedom in the daytime as they both worked but daytime has never been my time of day.

I've been a night person pretty much since I was born. I'm quite comfortable in the dark and always have been. Sunshine hurts my eyes. I just don't like bright. I've always been one of those people who keeps it dark inside too, even in the daytime.

Shades are all pulled and curtains are closed. I don't know where the habit came from. When I'm not traveling and have my own place I always have room darkening blinds and curtains. One small lamp on is all I need. When I'm traveling the motels all have room darkening drapes and I always keep them pulled. Vampires and I have a lot in common in that area. ;)

OTOH I love to lay in the sun, by the water, and tan but I wear my goggles from the tanning booth or my dark sunglasses.

Oops, wandering again.

My aunt and her boyfriend stayed for 4 or 5 days and I was pissed off at her for years over that. Reality is it was none of my business but I really did feel bad for her husband and my cousin. The whole incident just caused me a lot of stress.

Lol, my mouth used to get me into a lot of trouble. Hmm, used to my butt, still does. I've always been kinda blunt and have never had a lot of tact or sugar coated whatever I had to say. I've learned over time to just keep my mouth shut but things still come out that shouldn't have been said. I said a few things to my aunt, that were true, but tactless as hell and caused me a worse than average beating.

School was easy in Denison because, as I've stated before, Minnesota was like a full grade ahead of Iowa schools so it was boring. I'd already learned the stuff the year before. So that was just plain boring.

My aunt came back about 3 months later bringing my favorite cousin with her. She's still my favorite relative and I like her better than anyone else in the world. She's one of the few people in the world that if she calls and says she needs me I will drop everything I am doing and go to her immediately and do whatever I can to help.

For me to do that for anyone is beyond rare. It's right next to unheard of. I wouldn't even do that for my sister.

Somehow, in Denison I talked my parents into letting me get a BB gun. I don't quite know how that happened but I had it and it was going to get me into trouble with my mother and stepfather after a few months.

From my perspective Denison was a boring, boring place. I don't remember any teen center, bowling alley, roller skating rink or anything for kids to do. Not even a lake anywhere close by that I could get to. Just nothing.

I had my paper route, which was quite small compared to the one I had in Fairmont. Between the cash I'd stolen in Fairmont, the money I could steal from my drunken parents and the cigarettes I stole from both of them I didn't have much need for anything else. Oh, and I always shoplifted the BBs for my BB gun.

Heh, don't remember if I mentioned it before but my stepfather was a butcher so we always had great cuts of meat to eat. Unfortunately I was still required to do most of the cooking. It did come in handy when I moved out on my own tho.

Just a nothing place with nothing happening, ever.

No comments: