Thursday, September 27, 2007

Serious beating and life goes on


The only serious beating I remember from Denison happened while my favorite cousin and her mother were visiting us. This is my aunt who had previously brought her boyfriend in an earlier post.

They visited for a few days to a week. Actually I think my aunt and her husband were having major problems so she came to our place to hide out. She and the bitch who gave birth to me were best friends.

Naturally my aunt also drank a lot so my stepfather, mother and aunt spent a lot of time in the bar downstairs which left us kids upstairs and alone to do whatever we wanted. Mostly we played quietly together but now and then we got a little wild.

Sometimes we went over to the courthouse and played on the big lawn they had and sometimes we played in back in the parking lot with the kids from next door. Nothing amazing at all. Just kids playing and having fun.

As I had said before there was one huge room that was divided by a curtain. This curtain went across the width of the room and was hung on a two inch thick wooden pole. It was set into two c shaped holders on each end and had something hold it up in the middle so it didn't sag. Don't remember exactly what that was but it did allow the pole to lift out.

When the adults were gone we used to jump on the beds, have pillow fights, play tag and hide and seek. We had enough room to do all of that easily.

We were playing tag and running around the curtain and getting caught in it, etc. When I ran under it, with my sister chasing me, it fell down and hit her in the head. The top of her head was bleeding and she said I did it on purpose. I didn't but that wasn't going to matter.

My cousin ran downstairs to get our parents and in the meantime I hid, really well so I couldn't be found. I knew I was going to get a bad beating and because my sister was going to lie and they had been drinking it was going to be very bad.

Heh, just had a thought. I wonder how many concussions I got, as a kid, from the beatings I received.

It took them hours to find me as I had crawled up into the closet on the top shelf and put some of the stuff in front of me. By then they were pretty well sober but I still got beat with fists and kicked and punched by both parents.

I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be the last or next to last post about Denison and what happened there. It's really the best thing that happened to me in my first 13 years of life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What sane person punches a kid with fists? How damaged do you have to be to do that?